Tuesday, May 20, 2008


My sweet little Sandy barfed up a huge puddle of blood this morning. Scared me witless.
I rushed her to the vet, with what the tech referred to as "a lovely sample."

Something tells me I may have changed that young womans breakfast plans.

My Dandy-Sandy has a fever, but her vitals are stable and her gums are pink, which means she is probably not bleeding internally.

They wanted to keep her in a cage until the doctor arrives, but I told them she would be much calmer and more comfortable waiting with me. The tech got the sample and I took my dog. The vets office is only a short jaunt from the house, so if need be, I can get her back over there within three minutes.

I should know more in about an hour.

UPDATE:

Further examination showed blood in her stool as well, so the vet gave her some medication and a special diet. She will also be taking Pepsid AC before meals, just like my husband.

I'm beginning to wonder if I have the effect of making people nauseous. LOL


1 comment:

CrackerLilo said...

Oh, man. Sounds like you got her to the vet just in time. Glad it's a matter of Pepcid and a special diet!