Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Leggo’s and Coffee


My ten year old son awoke early this morning, and much to my amusement, announced he would like a cup of coffee. Hubby and I shared a secret smile.



“Do you take it black, like me, or with cream and sugar like your mom?”

“Black.”

He then proceeded to go to the kitchen and pour a cup. Dad and I pretended to bury our heads in the paper nonchalantly.

“Would you like to read the comics?” My husband asked, handing the boy a section of the paper.

“I like to do the SODUKU.” He replied.

“I like to read the op-eds, your Dad likes to do the crossword, and now the SODUKU can be your section of the morning paper.”

With that, we three sat in quiet silence, drinking our coffee and reading the news for about 33 and a half seconds.

“I’m going to go play with my leggo’s now.”

“O.K. Honey. I’ll call you when it’s time to get ready for school.”

2 comments:

Gabriele Caruso said...

yes your son is a real American.
Coffee the nector of the gods
gee he knows what paper he read
unlike the V.P. canditate for President. "Got to get back to ya on that."
I drank my first cup with just milk when I was in the 3rd grade.

Steve Morozumi said...

very nice blog! we luv your blog!

come on over and visit us at fluxlife, we'd be honored to have you stop by and follow us back, comment, and/or read!

thanks in advance!

-steve @ fluxlife