Sunday, July 02, 2006

Once upon a time

in a land far away,
a beautiful, independent,
self-assured princess
happened upon a frog as she walked
the shores of a sparkling blue lake
in a verdant meadow near her castle.

The frog hopped into the princess' lap
and said: " Elegant Lady,
I was once a handsome prince,
until an evil witch cast a spell upon me.
One kiss from you, however,
and I will turn back
into the dapper, young prince that I am
and then, my sweet, we can marry
and set up housekeeping in your castle
with my mother, where you can prepare my meals,
clean my clothes,
bear my children,
and forever feel grateful and happy doing so. "

That night,
as the princess dined sumptuously
on lightly sauteed frog legs
seasoned in a white wine
and onion cream sauce,
she chuckled and thought to herself:

I don't think so!

1 comment:

fineartist said...

Right on princess, right on.