Tuesday, April 19, 2005

The Rejection Letter

I am so excited!

I spent the day in a wonderfully musty, creaky floored, rare books store. It was a comfy womb of wonderment and treasures.

I came across an old handbook for writers, and read a few lines. The author instructed that writers must expect rejection letters, but that there is a difference between the pink slip rejection and the hand written rejection.

He said that pink slips infer that the writing is not good, but hand written rejections are a sign that the writing is solid, and that the work should be submitted to other publishers and agents.

Well, today’s little miracle is that I came home to a hand written rejection letter.

How cool is that! I read just what I needed to read exactly at the moment I needed it.

Coincidence? I think not.

No comments: