Monday, December 26, 2005

Magical Moments

Last night it was was my turn to offer deep, prolonged, personal sacrifice to the Porceline God, after nursing my daughter through it the night before. In case it's been awhile, I must remind, that a certain coordination is required when one goes at this activity full tilt.

At the peak of my projectilepassions, the electricity went out.

Flashlights, candles, a family huddled around the fireplace for warmth;
telling stories,
making shaddow puppets,
and a really fun game with the whole family aiming thier flashlights for me each time I ran for the bathroom.

The juice came back on about three hours later. Dad and kids went off to bed. I stayed on the couch.

In the morning, I found my daughter sleeping on the floor next to me. She snuck out of bed with blanket and pillow because she felt that she should be near, to take care of me.

She put her hand on my forehead, gave me a cup of ice and said "Its almost over mommy. Tommorow your stomach will hurt, but you wont get sick any more. Here drink this."

"Thanks Doc." I replied with love and respect.

My son bounded down the stairs. "That was FUN in the dark last night! Can we do it again?"

6 comments:

B.S. said...

I see that you have an extremely supportive family, and I hope your daughter's prediction proved accurate. After reading of your sickness and power outage, I REALLY appreciate the laid back Xmas I had yesterday!

Firedawg said...

Sounds like these amazing familial epiphanies you are having are being balanced with gastroenteritis. Why? Hope you feel better and that no one can find those 8 pounds you lost.

Kel-Bell said...

LOL firedawg! Aint it the truth!
Must be a yin yang thang.

(giggle)

Thanks Betty. I think I do have an extraordinary posse. Blogging reminds me of that. It is a good way to reflect on those little moments that might otherwise be lost in the gastroentitis of life.

OK, im being goofy...

fineartist said...

I love your kids!

Kel-Bell said...

Me too!

We just got back from the Ohio Wildlife Center about an hour ago. The kids and I participated in the yearly Audobon Society wild bird count, and then we fed and cared for over fifty wild animlas in the rehab center.

It is so cool to watch them. The mixture of innocence and wisdom, mixed with excitment and compassion is quite beyond description.

fineartist said...

Sounds entertaining for the eye and good for the soul. Kick axe memories you are making.