Sunday, January 01, 2006

Too Many Amandas

My fourth grade daughter was in CRISIS!!!!
She was supposed to memorize the poem
"Too Many Amandas"
by Loris Lesynski.

She had forgotton the poem, and left it at school.

"MOTHERRRRR, WHAT am I going to DOOOOOOOO?"
She cried, (at eight pm Sunday night.)

"You could e-mail the author."

Thus began a charming exchange.

Shelby sent her flowery, hopeful, pleading request.
Ms. Lesynski replied and saved the day.
Shelby wrote back a dramatic and heartfelt thanks, adding the line:

Thank you, Thank You, YOU'VE SAVED MY LIFE !!!!!!!!

To which the author and poet, responded:

Oh that's great! I like saving lives with poems !!!!!!

Loris

2 comments:

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

What a fabulous children's author that is. I've heard too many true stories of chldren's authors who didn't really like children. It's such a joyous occasion to hear of of a children's author who remembers what it is like to be a child.

Thanks for this.

BIG smiles,
Liz

Jamie Dawn said...

What a cute story!
I'm here via Doug's site.
I enjoyed your panther definitions.